Recipe Peaches in syrup
IngredientsNumber of persons: 6 servings
To make a fruit preserves, you should prepare first a sugar syrup with water and sugar. This syrup is used as a protective liquid and eases the heat transfer inside the mass of the product. Keep in mind: the higher the sugar content (i.e. the higher viscosity), the slower the heat penetration inside the product. That’s why we recommend different sterilization time according to your syrup sugar content.
Here are 3 different sugar content, therefore 3 type of fruit syrups: Light Fruit Syrup : 1 litre of water + 250g of sugar ; Medium Fruit Syrup : 1 litre of water + 400g of sugar ; Heavy Fruit Syrup : 1 litre of water + 750g of sugar.
You make the fruit syrup by heating the sugar in the water until it dissolves... then :
- Dip the peaches into boiling water for a minute. Drain and then cool under cold running water.
- Peel the skin off, cut them into halves and remove the stones.
- Fill your Le Parfait Super 1 litre or ½ litre jars with the fruits, adding one vanilla bean per jar.
- Pour in the boiling syrup up to the line marked in the glass or 2 cm below the brim. The fruits should be completely covered.
- Seal tightly and proceed immediately to the heat treatment: 30 minutes at 100°C for light syrups; 35 minutes at 100°C for medium and heavy syrups.