Recipe Sweet potatoes puree with cinnamon
IngredientsNumber of persons: 4-6 servings
- Heat the liquid cream in a small pan with the star anise and cinnamon stick. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, chop into large cubes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes in boiling water with the bay leaf, until tender.
- Drain the sweet potato, remove the bay leaf, and to the pan and crush with a potato masher into a purée.
- Over a low heat, combined the purée and infused cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the jars up to 2 cm from the brim, seal tightly and proceed immediately to the heat treatment, 45 minutes at 100°C.
Alternative: Once you have made the purée, try adding the following spices : a pinch of ginger powder, 3 pinches of curry powder or turmeric, 3 pinches of cinnamon powder and 2 pinches of star anise powder.