Recipe Strawberry jam with rose syrup
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Rinse the strawberries quickly in clean water. Pat dry with kitchen roll. Hull and halve the strawberries and place in a bowl with the lemon juice and rose syrup.
- Add the sugar and water to the pan. Bring the mixture to the boil.
- Add the strawberries to the syrup. Continue cooking (at around 105°C). Remove the foam that forms on the surface with your skimmer.
- Check that it is cooked by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate and then tilting the plate. The jam should run down gently.
- Immediately pour into Le Parfait jam jars. Close them and turn them over for 1 minute, then put them upright again to cool.
Serving suggestions: Simply spread on toast or brioche, or use on crêpes, waffles or in rolled cakes. And why not use it as a base for your strawberry tarts, or as a finishing touch on your ice cream or sorbet cups! Here's a tip for connoisseurs...