Recipe Red fruit jam
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Sort and clean the red fruit (remove the seeds from the redcurrants).
- Squeeze the lemon to extract the juice.
- Place the fruit, lemon juice and sugar in the jam pan.
- Bring to the boil. From this point, count the cooking time: 7 minutes with a jelling sugar, otherwise 15 to 20 minutes with caster sugar.
- Keep the heat high and stir often. Check that the jam is cooked by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate and then tilting the plate. The jam should run gently.
- Skim off the foam and immediately pour into the jars, close them and turn them over for 1 minute, then put them upright again to cool.