Recipe Pear Jam with Spices
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Peel the variety of pear called Williams, cut into 4 and remove the stem and seeds. Slice them finely and weigh 1kg.
- Macerate the flesh of the pears with the gelling sugar and the mixture of spices (fresh ginger, coriander seeds and maniguette seeds) for 1 hour.
- Cook over high heat and keep boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Check the cooking by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate then tilting the plate. The pear jam should flow slowly.
- Skim if necessary, then immediately pot and turn upside down.