Recipe Peach jam
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Choose very ripe peaches. Peel them, pit them and cut them into thin slices. Weigh them.
- Put the peaches, the sugar, the spoonful of powdered ginger in the jam basin, mix and leave to macerate for a few hours.
- Bring to a boil. From this moment, count the cooking time: 7 minutes with gelling sugar, otherwise 15 to 20 minutes with caster sugar.
- Keep the heat high and stir often.
- Check the cooking by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate then tilting the plate. The jam should flow slowly.
- Skim then immediately place them in jars, close them and turn them over for 1 minute, then put them back upright to let them cool.
Tip: If your fruits are naturally very sweet, you can reduce the amount of sugar.