Recipe Onion jam
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Finely slice the red or white onion and sweat in a pan with the olive oil and half the butter over strong heat.
- Once the onions have started to brown, add the remaining butter, salt and pepper and add a tablespoonful of Herbes de Provence and add the brown sugar. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vinegar followed by the white wine and reduce over strong heat, leaving the lid off the pan to let the alcohol evaporate.
- Then add the grenadine, stir well and cook over low heat for around 30 minutes.
- Pour the preparation into your Le Parfait Super jars and immediately proceed with heat treatment of this onion jam for 1 hour at 100°C.
The jam can be stored for several months.