Recipe Mirabelle jam
1h + maceration time
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Rinse the mirabelle plums with cold water. Cut them in half and pit them. Weigh them. Place the mirabelle plums and sugar in the jam basin, mix and leave to macerate for a few hours.
- Bring to a boil. From this moment, count the cooking time: 7 minutes with gelling sugar, otherwise 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep the heat high and stir often. At the end of cooking, add and mix the 5 cl of Mirabelle plum brandy.
- Check the cooking by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate then tilting the plate. The mirabelle plum jam should flow slowly.
- Skim then proceed without delay to potting. Replace the lid and place the jam makers upside down for 1 minute, then put them back upright to let them cool.