Recipe Melon jam
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Peel and core the melons to remove 1.2 kg of flesh.
- Cut the melon into pieces and place in the jam pan with the sugar and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Bring the melon jam to the boil. From this point, count the cooking time: 7 minutes with a sugar jelly, otherwise 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep over a high heat and stir often.
- Check with the jam test: pour a few drops onto a cold plate, then tilt the plate. The melon jam should run down gently.
- Skim off the foam and immediately put into the jars. Close and turn upside down for 1 minute, then turn right side up and leave to cool.