IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
1. Before you start, we invite you to consult our instructions section to find out everything you need to know about the fermentation process!
2. Place the Kefir grain in a jar (such as a Le Parfait screw-top jar) and pour in the water. Add the sugar, dried figs and fruit. Cover with gauze and a rubber band. The sugar may be white or brown sugar, brown sugar, vergeoise, muscovado sugar, etc. But not sweeteners such as stevia, aspartame or xylytol.
3. Leave to ferment for 24 to 48 hours at room temperature until the fig has risen to the surface.
4. When the fig has risen to the surface, remove the fruit and fig (citrus fruit can be squeezed into the drink).
5. Filter through a fine sieve to collect the Kefir grains on one side and the juice on the other.
6. Place the drink in a 1L Swing Top bottle. Leave the bottle closed at room temperature for a further 24 hours for more fizz, store in the fridge and enjoy well chilled.
The longer you wait, the more fizzy the kefir becomes. It keeps for several weeks and becomes more acidic with time.
NB: If your water is chlorinated, leave it in an open carafe for 1 or 2 hours to evaporate the chlorine.
Recipe suggested by Marie-Claire Frédéric for Le Parfait.