Recipe Green tomato jam
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Immerse the green tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds to make them easier to peel.
- Peel them and cut them into quarters, remove the juice and seeds. Weigh them.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices. Place the tomato flesh, lemon slices and sugar in the jam bowl then mix.
- Bring to a boil. From this moment, count the cooking time: 10 minutes with gelling sugar, otherwise 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep the heat high and stir often. Check the cooking by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate then tilting the plate. The jam should flow slowly.
- Skim then immediately place them in jars, close them and turn them over for 1 minute, then put them back upright to let them cool.