Recipe Duck confit pâté with star anise
IngredientsNumber of persons: 6 servings
- Place the meats, bay leaves, star anise, salt, duck fat in a casserole dish and cover with water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 hours. The flesh must be very crumbly and fall away from the bones on its own (the necks are quite difficult to clean). In fact the pieces end up being candied.
- Remove the bay leaves, star anise and all bones.
- Mix the remaining material.
- Season with pepper, adjust the salt if necessary and place in a terrine.
- Immediately proceed to the heat treatment for 90 minutes at 100°C.
NB: If you have cooked and potted a confit at the same time, collect the cooking juices from the bottom of the casserole dish and add them to the blender bowl: Step 4.