Recipe Creamy Jerusalem artichokes and chesnuts with hazelnut butter
IngredientsNumber of persons: 6
- Peel the Jerusalem artichokes, leave them whole.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- In a casserole, sauté the onion in a little olive oil, add the Jerusalem artichokes, then the milk, the celery and the white stock.
- Salt with a pinch of coarse salt. Cover and cook on low heat until Jerusalem artichokes crumble between fingers.
- Drain the puree in a colander for about 30 min. Meanwhile, put 50 g butter in a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally with a whisk until it has a smell and hazelnut color.
- Crush and mash the chestnuts to puree form.
- Transfer everything to the blender, add the hazelnut butter, adjust the seasoning and fill the jars up to 2 cm from the rim.
Close and proceed to do the heat treatment for 1h15 at 100 ° C.
When serving add the celery leaves sliced on top of the Jerusalem artichoke puree.
Perfect also with scallops decorated with a small salad of lamb’s lettuce and chopped raw beetroot.
Chef Pierre Petit’s original recipe for Le Parfait.