Recipe Cinnamon plum jam
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Start this traditional recipe by washing and drying the plums. Split them into quarters, remove the stones and place them in successive layers in a large bowl, alternating with a layer of sugar.
- Add the lemon juice and leave to macerate overnight, covered and at room temperature.
- The next day, pour the plums and all their juice into a jam pan.
- Add the cinnamon powder or a cinnamon stick.
- Bring your jam pan to the boil. From this point, count the cooking time: 7 minutes with a sugar jelly, otherwise 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep over a high heat and stir often. Check that the jam is cooked by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate and then tilting the plate. The plum jam should run gently.
- Skim off the foam and immediately pour into the jars, close them and turn them over for 1 minute, then put them upright again to cool.