Recipe Apple jelly with cinnamon
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Peel the apples, remove the core and seeds and cut into thin strips.
- Heat the apples, press down slightly and cover with a little water. Cover and cook over a very low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the softened apples through cheesecloth and squeeze out 1.2 kg of juice.
- Pour the juice into the jam pan and add the cinnamon stick and sugar. Mix well.
- Bring to the boil. From this point onwards, count the cooking time: 7 minutes with a sugar jelly, otherwise 15 to 20 minutes with caster sugar.
- Keep over a high heat and stir often. Skim if necessary.
- Check that the jam is cooked by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate and then tilting the plate. The jam should run gently.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and immediately fill the jars. Close the jars and turn them upside down for 1 minute, then put them upright again to cool.