Green Tomato Chutney Recipe
Number of servingsn/a
Le Parfait Jam Jar
- Put the tomatoes, apples and onions in a large bowl and sprinkle over the salt. Cover and leave overnight.
- The next day, pour off the liquid that has been drawn out by the salt and discard it. Transfer everything to a large preserving pan. Add the vinegar, bring to the boil and then add the sugar, spice and sultanas.
- Bring back to the boil and simmer until soft and pulpy, about 11⁄2 hours.
- Spoon into cooled, sterilised jars, seal label.
- Store for 6–8 weeks before using.