Duck liver foie gras with fleur de sel Recipe
Heat treatment time
- 1 x 500g foie gras (fatty duck liver)
- Fleur de sel
- 1 pinch of powdered sugar
(Note: Seasoning with salt, pepper and sugar is a personal choice)
Number of servingsSeveral
- Clean the jars, rinsing them with a lot of water and leaving them to dry in the open air.
- Prepare the foie gras. Using a sharp knife, remove the veins, blood clots and greenish areas from the liver.
- Mix the fleur de sel, pepper and a pinch of powdered sugar.
- Massage the liver with this mixture, then place it in the container filling it up to 2 centimetres from the edge. Lightly push down on it to remove any air.
- Close the pots and carry out the heat treatment immediately, 45 minutes at 100°C.That means 45 minutes from the moment the water starts boiling.
- When the jars are totally cold, check that the vacuum inside is correct by unblocking the locking system. The cover should remain "stuck" to the container and resist friction.
When using the "Parfait Familia Wiss" jars, you can also unscrew the cover. The lid must be "stuck" to the jar and resist friction.