Cramaillotte or dandelion honey Recipe
Heat treatment time
1 h 45
1 h 45
- 365 dandelion flowers
- 1 kg of semolina sugar
- 1.5 litres of flat mineral water
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- One vanilla pod
Number of servings5
4 Jam Jars Le Parfait 340ml
- Harvest the dandelion flower in full bloom, wash your harvest, then remove the green part. Leave to dry in the sun for 1 hour.
- Then, place them in a jam vat (or other recipient), with the water, the oranges and the lemons washed and cut into slices.
- Cook at a gentle simmer for 1 hour, making sure all the flowers are bathed in the water.
- Filter in a clean cloth and press firmly to draw out as much juice as possible.
- Pour the juice into the vat with the sugar and vanilla pod split in two, then bring to a boil. From this point, cook for a further 45 minutes.
- To make sure your home-made honey is ready, use the cold plate test. Pour into small jars, where it can keep for several months.
Tip 1: you may use one kilo of “confisuc” sugar, which contains pectin. It will prevent any problems with gelification.
Tip 2: if you have old worn sheets, cut them into large squares of 1 m per side, and use them to filter the juice for your jelly.