Aphrodite's jam Recipe
Number of servingsplusieurs
- Take off the peels of two of the best oranges. Cook the peels for 15 minutes in water at a low boil, then cool them by plunging them in cold water. Strain and slice into fine strips, set aside.
- Peel the rest of the oranges, removing the white parts, cut them into pieces, remove the seeds and membranes, and weigh out 1.2kg.
- Mix the flesh of the oranges, cooked orange peel, sugar and fresh ginger in your jam pan and bring to a boil.
- Cooking time from this point: 7 minutes if using jam sugar, otherwise 20-30 minutes. Maintain at a boil, stirring often.
- Check if ready by pouring out a few drops onto a cold plate and tipping the plate - the orange jam should trickle slowly down the plate.
- Skim the aphrodisiac mixture and immediately pour into jars. Seal the jars and turn them upside down for 1 minute, then turn them back over and leave them to cool.