Recipe Small onions with pink vinegar
IngredientsNumber of persons: 6-8 servings
- Place 1 kg of peeled white onions in a salad bowl. Dissolve 125g of sea salt in 1 litre of water. Pour the salted water over the onions and leave to stand for 24 hours.
- Drain the onions and pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Arrange them in the jars with 5 coriander seeds, 5 peppercorns, 1 sprig of tarragon or dill and 1 tsp caster sugar.
- Mix 80cl of white wine vinegar with 20cl of red wine vinegar and fill the jars to within 2cm of the rim, covering the onions well. Seal tightly.
- Leave to stand for 4 weeks before eating.
Small onions in pink vinegar can be kept for 6 months.