Recipe Poultry confit (goose, duck, chicken, etc.)
2h45 + maceration: 1 night
Heat treatment time:
IngredientsNumber of persons: 4-8 servings
- Cut the bird into quarters, removing the carcass and all visible fat.
- Rub each piece with salt on all sides and place in a dish. Season with salt, sprig thyme and crumbled bay leaf, cover with cling film and leave to marinate overnight.
- Place the pieces of fat (from the poultry and/or pork belly) in a casserole dish containing 1 cm to 1.5 cm of water, and melt over very low heat.
- When the fat has melted, remove the poultry quarters, carefully wipe them dry to remove any remaining salt, place them in the fat, which should cover them completely, and leave them to cook.
- Remove the pieces from the casserole after 90 minutes and arrange them in the Le Parfait Familia Wiss terrines, leaving the fat to cook for a few moments to cook the juices rendered by the meat and allow the water to evaporate. Allow to cool, then sieve the fat over the pieces to within two cm of the rim.
- Close and proceed immediately to heat treatment for 2 hours at 100°C.