Yellow tomato and peppermint jam Recipe
Number of servingsSeveral
1. Place the yellow tomatoes into a boiling water for a few seconds, you’ll peel them more easily.
2. Peel them, cut into quarters, discard the juice (keep it if you want for tomato juice!) and remove the seeds. Weigh 1 kg.
3. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice and sugar in a jam pan then stir. Let stand the preparation for several hours.
4. Pour into a pan and bring to a boil. From this moment on, cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. When your jam is cooked, add the chopped peppermint leaves. They’ll add a delicious flavor to your tomato jam!
6. To test the setting point, place a drop of jam into a cold plate then bend the plate. The jam should move slightly.
7. Skim carefully your tomato jam and ladle immediately into jars. Turn the jars upside down for one minute, then flip over and allow to cool.