Sweet and sour cucumbers Recipe
Heat treatment time
Number of servings4
- Prepare a syrup with the vinegar: 500 g of sugar for 1/2 L of vinegar. Bring to a boil and set aside.
- Peel and halve the cucumbers. Remove the seeds and cut into pieces.
- Cook the cucumbers in the vinegar syrup, boiling for a few minutes. Remove the cucumbers and rinse with cold water, then drain carefully.
- At the same time, prepare the pickling syrup. Cook 500 g of sugar with a bit of ground cinnamon and cloves in 1/2 L of wine vinegar for 15 minutes, skimming off the foam frequently.
- Fill the jars with cucumbers and pour the hot pickling syrup to cover them, up to 2 cm from the rim. Close and sterilise immediately for 30 minutes at 100°C.