Strawberry Jam with Rose Syrup Recipe
15 à 20 minutes
Number of servings4 to 6 servings
Le Parfait Jam Jars
- Rinse the strawberries under cold running water and dry them with paper towel.
- Hull the strawberries, cut in half and put into a bowl with the lemon juice.
- Put the sugar, rose syrup and water into a preserving pan.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- To avoid the edges caramelising, clean the edges of the pan with a pastry brush soaked with water.
- Add the strawberries and lemon to the syrup.
- Cook until the temperature reaches 105°C.
- Skim to remove scum from the surface.
- Check the set by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate and tilting the plate. The jam should flow slowly.
- Immediately pour jam into Le Parfait Jam Jars. Seal tightly and turn the jars upside down.
Ideas for eating this delicious jam? On a slice of bread or brioche, on pancakes or waffles, in a swiss roll... Or why not use it as a layer in a strawberry tart or as an ice cream topping? The possibilities are endless!