Strawberry, honey and ginger jam Recipe
45 min + overnight
Number of servingsSeveral
1. Wash the strawberries, cut the large ones into quarters, and weigh 300 g. Drain, add lemon juice and sugar. Cover the pot and soak in a cold place for 24 hours.
2. Bring this strawberry juice to a boil. Add honey and fresh ginger. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the rest of the strawberries, stir well, cook for a further 10 minutes when it hits a boil.
4. To test the setting point, place a drop of jam into a cold plate then bend the plate. The jam should move slightly. Skim off the foam frequently.
5. Ladle immediately into jars, turn the jars upside down for one minute, flip over and allow to cool.