Strawberry and rosemary jam Recipe
- 1kg strawberries (hulled weight)
- 650g golden cane sugar
- 1 good sprig of fresh rosemary
Number of servingsSeveral
- The recipe is prepared over three days. The first day, quickly rinse the strawberries, dry them gently and hull them. (You can keep these strawberry stems to make a syrup or an infusion)
- Macerate the strawberries with the sugar and lemon juice in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Set aside the lemon pips.
- The next day, bring this mixture to the boil in a preserving pan, pour into the bowl, cover and leave to rest in the fridge.
- On the third day, filter the strawberries through a colander covered with a fine muslin cloth or gauze. Set aside the strawberries and bring the syrup to the boil in the preserving pan, adding the lemon pips in a fabric tea bag. Continue cooking over high heat to reach 105 °C (20 to 30 minutes), stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Meanwhile, sterilise your Le Parfait jars: place them in your sink, right side up and pour boiling water over them Then place them on the worktop covered with a clean tea towel.
- Add the half-preserved strawberries to the preserving pan. Once boiled, continue to simmer and gently stir for 5 minutes, sprinkle with rosemary leaves and pour into the jars using a ladle and jam funnel.
- Turn the jars over for a minute then rinse them with hot water to remove any drips.
Recipe proposed by @aliceinfood