Stewed venison with chipotle Recipe
Number of servings3 servings
Le Parfait Super Jars 1L
- Wash and chop the celery and carrot into small cubes. Slice the onion and garlic.
- Rub the venison with the salt and flour.
- In a large pan, fry the lardons with the vegetable oil on a medium to high heat. After 2 minutes add the vegetables, onions and garlic and cook for another 4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the venison and cook for 4-5 minutes on a high heat to brown the meat. Give it a good stir. Add the cumin, chipotle paste, 2 tbsp of the sherry and water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the sherry.
- Pour into your washed jar and sterilise for 1h 30mins.
Reheat the stew in a bain marie. On a plate place a large warm Persian Barbari or naan or flat bread.
Add your stew, a good spoonful of sour cream and plenty of freshly chopped coriander. Enjoy!
This dish is mild to medium hot. If you like more heat, add some more chipotle.