Spiced Peach Jam Recipe
Number of servingsSeveral
1. Peel off the peaches, discard the blemishes. Cut in half and destone the peaches.
2. With a vegetable peeler or zester, carefully remove the zest from the lemons. Squeeze the juice of the lemons.
3. In a cheesecloth or a small cloth sack, combine the lemon zest, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and a small piece of red hot pepper.
4. Place your “spices cloth sack” in the jam pan, add the peaches, lemon zest and about 20 cl water.
5. Cook for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat, until the peaches have become translucent.
6. Add sugar and lemon juice.
7. Bring to a boil. From this moment on, cook for 7 minutes if using pectin sugar, or 15-20 min with regular sugar.
8. Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. To test the setting point, place a drop of jam into a cold plate then bend the plate. The jam should move slightly.
9. Skim off the foam, ladle into jars. Screw on the lids firmly, then turn them upside down for one minute, flip over and allow to cool.