Sauerkraut-style fennel with lemon Recipe
Number of servingsSeveral
- First, let’s read the how to guide to learn everything about fermentation!
- Prepare the fennel by removing the hard parts and finely slicing.
- Cut the lemon in half and then into thin slices.
- Weigh the finely sliced fennel + lemon, and prepare 1% salt (10g per kilo).
- Use your hands to mix and knead the fennel, lemon and salt in a large bowl.
- Let it stand for 15 mins while the water escapes.
- Mix again until your hands are wet.
- Pack the mixture tightly into the mason jars. The juice should rise to the top when you press the vegetables.
- Close the jars with the rubber seal in place. Leave for a week at room temperature, and then store at around 15°C. Consume after 2 weeks.
From Marie-Claire Frédéric