Salted pork with lentils Recipe
Heat treatment time
Number of servingsseveral
- Soak the meat in cold water to desalt it, changing the water once or twice. After 3 hours, drain the meat. Put it into a large stew pot, cover with water and cook the pork by simmering gently for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and onions. Slice the carrots then chop the onions.
- Remove the meat and set it aside. Keep the stock.
- In a stew pot, fry the onions and carrots with a little oil then add the green lentils and cover with the stock (if necessary, add water: lentils should be cooked in 3 times their volume of liquid) add the bouquet garni and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the portions of meat to make: 11 pieces of shoulder, 11 pieces of belly, 11 pieces of smoked belly.
- Fill each 1 litre Le Parfait Super jar with 2 ladles of drained lentils then a layer consisting of a piece of each meat and cover with 2 ladles of drained lentils. Finally cover with the cooking juices of the lentils, up to 2 cm from the edge.
- Close and immediately proceed with heat treatment of your salted pork and lentils for 1 1/2 hours at 100°C.