Preserved lemons Recipe
Number of servingsPlusieurs
1 Le Parfait Super Jar 1L
- Rinse 5 to 6 organic lemons and wipe them.
- Cut each lemon into 4 lengthwise. Do not cut through to the end so as not to separate the pieces. Open them up and salt the inside (a good pinch of untreated coarse salt for each lemon), tighten the lemons back into shape.
- Carefully place the lemons in the jar. Stand them up against each other, vertically, and close the jar. Place a fermentation weight, or a 125ml Le Parfait jar lid on top.
- After 2 to 3 days the lemons will have rendered their juice.
- Compress a little every day for 4 to 5 days and add some non-chlorinated water (tap water left in the open air overnight) if the juice does not cover the lemons. Close tightly.
- Leave to ferment for at least 3 weeks at room temperature and eat from 1 to 3 months while storing in a cool place (cellar, pantry or fridge).
The more the lemons ferment, the more refined they will taste. The juice will become syrupy over the months and slightly brown.
Recipe suggested by the Chef Malika NGUON