Preserved Green Beans Recipe
1 hour 30 minutes
Number of servingsn/a
2 Le Parfait Super Jars 1L
- Use fresh green beans which are unmarked or spoiled.
- Remove the tops and ends of the pods and blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes then cool under cold running water. This process of blanching and cooling should be done quickly and completely to avoid the beans going bitter after heat preservation.
- Drain the beans and place them vertically into Le Parfait jars.
- Fill with water and salt mixture until there is about a 2cm gap at the top of the jars.
- Close and immediately begin the heat treatment for 1 hour 30 minutes at 100˚C.