Poultry Preserved in Cider Recipe
Number of servingsServes 2
1 Le Parfait Super jar
- Cut up the poultry (a thigh, cutlet, etc.), chop the onions, dice the tomato and cut the mushrooms into slices, peel the chestnuts and halve them.
- Spread a thin layer of runny honey on the pieces of poultry. In a stock pot, heat a small amount of butter or olive oil on low heat, then add the onions, diced tomato, mushrooms and chestnuts. Next, pour in the cider.
- Add a glass of water. Salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for five minutes. The mixture should bubble but not come to a boil.
- Fill your Le Parfait Super 1L jars with the poultry mixture up to 2 centimetres below the rim. Close the jars and immediately begin the sterilisation process for 90 minutes at 100°C.
- When you are ready to serve, you can add a dab of crème fraîche.