Pickled Garlic Recipe
Heat treatment time
Number of servingsn/a
Le Parfait Super Jars
- Wash the jars and sterilize the rubber seals. Let the jars air dry.
- Peel the garlic cloves and place in a large bowl.
- Take a large pan and add water to it. Allow it to boil and then drop the 6 cups of garlic cloves into it.
- When the water bubbles again, allow the cloves to boil in it for a minute.
- Drain the cloves out and pack them into the jars. Make sure ½ inch space is left on top of each bottle.
- Take the sugar, vinegar and pickling salt and boil them together. Bring them to a boil and pour this solution into the garlic packed jars. Fill till about ½ inch head space is left.
- To remove any trapped air bubbles, run a plastic or wooden spatula through.
- Place completely dried jar lids to their positions and seal the jars.
- Keep the pickled jars in a boiling water-bath canner for an extra 20 minutes in order to sterilize them.