Pickled Cherry Tomatoes or Tomatillos Recipe
Number of servingsn/a
Le Parfait Screw Top Jar
- Gently wash the tomatoes, taking care not to burst them.
- Prick each one 2–3 times with a needle to encourage them to absorb the pickling solution.
- Pack into a sterilised jar.
- Wash the tarragon leaves and dry them carefully on kitchen paper.
- Pop them into the jar with the tomatoes and put in the peppercorns, coriander seeds, a good pinch of salt and some sugar, if using.
- Pour over enough vinegar to cover and screw on the lids.
- Store in a cool, dark place for up to six months.
You can use a mixture of tomatoes and tomatillos for this recipe, just make sure they are all roughly the same size. Green or red tomatoes both work well, but avoid using overripe fruit. I like a single cherry tomato in a Bloody Mary.
Taken from: Abundance by Alys Fowler, published by Kyle Books, priced £16.99. Photography: Simon Wheeler