Peach and saffron jam Recipe
Number of servingsSeveral
- Wash and dry the peaches. Bring clear water to the boil in a large pan. Plunge the fruit in and let it blanch for a few seconds, then refresh it in cold water. Peel and pit them, then cut the flesh into 2 mm thin slices.
- Place the fruit in a thick-bottomed saucepan, add the sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring gently. Add saffron and let infuse for 2h or overnight in a cool place.
- Prepare the jars. Sterilize them in boiling water and let them dry.
- Put the jam back in the pot. Bring to a simmer for 20min while skimming carefully, then on high heat for 10min. When there is nothing left to skim the jam is ready, it should gelify slightly on a stainless steel spoon.
- Remove the jam from the heat, then put it immediately into the sterilized jars, screw on the lids and turn them over for a minute.
Recipe suggested by BEJOYFOOD for Le Parfait