Moist Summer Berries Tea cake Recipe
Number of servings4 servings
Le Parfait Super Terrines 500ml
- Wash the jars, sterilise the rubber seals or sealing disks. Wash the berries and let them dry on a kitchen towel. Beat the eggs.
- Mix all the ingredients but the berries with a kitchen aid on low to medium speed for about 30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth. Pour the batter into the piping bag.
- Cut 2 circles of greaseproof paper and place them at the bottom of your jars as it will be easier to remove from the jar.
- Put a layer of the mix in the jar, then add a few berries. Then repeat two times. Make sure that the jar is only half filled, as the mixture will rise during the heat treatment.
- Seal the jars and heat treat for 1 hour (Remember that you should begin timing 1 hour from boiling point). Then leave the jars to cool down while still immersed in water, until the water is at room temperature. Store in a cupboard for up to a year.
Serving suggestions and notes:
Use free range to give your cake a pretty yellow color. Enjoy warm or at room temperature. To reheat simply place the jar in hot water for 15 minutes, then turn out using a sharp knife around the edges of the cake. Try with custard, a dash of creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream melted on a warm cake. It’s the perfect cake for any occasion.
Estelle & Vincent
Follow us on Twitter @EstelleVincentC