Marble cake preserve Recipe
Heat treatment time
Number of servings4 to 6 servings
- In a salad bowl, soften the butter using a spatula. Add the flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla-flavoured sugar. Mix until you have obtained a uniform batter (you may add baking powder at this stage for a fluffier cake, but remember to leave extra room for rising when filling the containers).
- Grease the inside of the terrines with butter, just like for a cake pan. Fill them to one-third. Keep aside some of the batter for the chocolate part of this easy-to-make cake.
- Add the cocoa to the remaining batter, and then pour the mixture into the terrines. Using a fork, make streaks in the batter inside the terrines, making sure not to mix. Make sure the terrines are only half-full, as the cake will rise.
- Pre-cook without the lid in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Put on the sealing cap, seal and proceed to the heat treatment of your marble cake for
- 45 minutes at 100°C.
- Tip: to add flavouring to this easy-to-make cake, you can add a teaspoon of rum to the cocoa before cooking.