Kiwi Jam Recipe
1 h 30
Number of servingsn/a
Le Parfait Jam Jar
- Prepare your jars by washing them in hot, soapy water and letting them air dry.
- Peel the kiwis (this is the longest part!)
- Cut the kiwis into pieces, place in a large, heavy based saucepan, add the lemon juice, vanilla sugar, white sugar, orange juice and peel, lemon peel.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree in a blender. Add the powdered agar, keep simmering for 5 more minutes.
- Dab a spoonful of hot jam on a cold plate. If your jam runs gently without being too liquid, it’s a success!
- Skim the foam off and pour into the jar.
If you are using Le Parfait Jam Jars, screw on the lid and turn the jar upside down right away – this process is called self-pasteurisation. If you are using Le Parfait Jars or Terrines, proceed immediately with the heat treatment, 20 minutes at 100°C (212°F).