Number of servingsSeveral
- First, let’s read the how to guide to learn everything about fermentation!
- Remove any damaged outer leaves from the cabbage. Do not rinse.
- Cut the leaves into pieces and mix them with the salt in a bowl. Leave to stand for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare the seasoning, peel and finely slice the radish and spring onion, and cut the leek into julienne strips. Crush the garlic, peel the ginger and cut it into sticks.
- Mix all these ingredients with the soy sauce, fish sauce and chilli pepper. Leave to stand for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Fill the mason jar by alternating layers of cabbage with the other ingredients. Press the mixture down firmly to get rid of any air pockets. Close tightly.
- Leave to ferment for one week at room temperature, then ideally store at cellar temperature.
If you are looking for a sweet taste it can be consumed after 1 week, or for more acidity, consume after 2 weeks.