Ginger bug Recipe
Number of servingsSeveral
- First, let’s read the how to guideto learn everything about fermentation!
- Cut the ginger in small dices (if it’s bio you can keep the peel) till it fills a big tablespoon
- Fill your Le Parfait jar with 1/2l of filtered water (chlorinated tap water might prevent the fermenting process)
- Add the ginger in the water
- Add a tablespoon of cane sugar in the water
- Close the jar and let it rest near a heat source (radiator or fireplace if you’re lucky enough to have one)
- After 24h, the fermentation is going to start. Little bubbles will appear and the beverage should slowly cloud.
- Feed your ginger bug the morning after: add the same quantities of ginger, and the cane sugar and wait 24h again.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times and voilà!
Your ginger bug is ready. You can use it right away or put it in the fridge to stop the fermentation. If you do so, you’ll have to feed it (same quantities as above) every 15 days. And if the bubbles seem to disappear, reactivate the fermentation by putting it near a heat source. Repeat from start one!