Fruits Of The Forest Jam Recipe
- 500 g of blackberries, washed
- 500 g of blackcurrants, washed and hulled
- 500 g of blueberries, washed
- Approximately 1 kg jam sugar (with pectin) or 1.2 kg of fine caster sugar
Number of servings5 to 6
Le Parfait 445 ml Jam Jars
- Put the blackberries and blackcurrants into a preserving pan. Bring to the boil over a high heat, stirring and mashing constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Boil for 5 minutes until the fruits have broken down and released all their juices.
- Strain over a bowl, allowing the juices to strain without pressing.
- Weigh the strained juice and add the equivalent weight of sugar. Put into a preserving pan along with the blueberries and an additional 500 grams of sugar.
- Stir and bring to the boil. Once it reaches a rolling boil, cook over a high heat, stirring constantly, for approximately 7 minutes if using jam sugar or 15-20 minutes if using regular sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium, stirring constantly.
- Check the set by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate and tilting the plate. The jam should flow slowly.
- Skim to remove scum, if necessary.
- Immediately pour jam into Le Parfait Jam Jars. Seal tightly and turn the jars upside down.