Fresh-fruit ketchup Recipe
Heat treatment time
Number of servings5 terrines
- Peel the tomatoes, peaches and pears with an extra-sharp peeler and then dice them.
- Place all the diced fruit and vegetables in a casserole, add the brown sugar, vinegar, salt and spices and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and leave this sweet sauce to simmer for 1 hour until it thickens: if the sauce seems too runny, remove 1-2 ladles of liquid.
- Fill the jars up to 2 cm from the top. Seal and proceed immediately to the heat treatment for 1 hour at 100°C. If you prefer less chunky ketchup, mix lightly before filling the jars.
- Your homemade ketchup is ready!
- Tip: try another version of this condiment using Granny Smith apples for a tangy delicacy!