Flambéed Bananas With Rum And Coffee Recipe
50g white sugar
50g organic raw sugar from Costa Rica
2 vanilla pods from Papua New Guinea
5g roasted Arabica coffee beans (with fruity and slightly spicy notes)
4cl cane syrup
50% agricultural white rum
Number of servingsSeveral
- Put the white sugar, raw sugar, juice of 1/2 lemon, 2 split Papua New Guinea vanilla pods and their seeds and 5g of coffee in a frying pan. Heat to a gentle boil on a low heat.
- Just as the caramel starts to form, add the bananas cut in half lengthways. Let them cook and caramelise on both sides.
- Add 6 to 7cl of rum. Let it warm up a little and ignite.
- Once the flames have extinguished, pour everything into a 1l Le Parfait Super Jar. Leave to cool.
- Add the cane syrup, then add the 50% agricultural white rum to the top of the jar. Close the jar and mix.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light and wait for 6 months to 1 year before consuming.
ALCOHOL ABUSE IS DANGEROUS TO HEALTH. TO BE CONSUMED IN MODERATION.
Recipe by Céline Giordani for Le Parfait. NON-CONTRACTUAL VISUAL.