Fermented celery and beetroot Recipe
Number of servingsSeveral
- First, let’s read the how to guide to learn everything about fermentation!
- Using a mandolin or food processor, cut the celery and beetroot into large slices. Then halve the slices.
- Add the salt and mustard seeds to the vegetables and mix until the juice is released. Mix for a few minutes, let it rest for 5-10 minutes, and then mix again.
- When the juice has been released, put the vegetables into the mason jar and press them down with your hands or a pestle.
- Clean the rim of the jar. Close the jar with the rubber seal in place. Keep it on a small dish (in case any juice escapes) at room temperature and out of direct sunlight.
- Wait a few weeks before tasting. Store in a cool area after opening and consume within 4 weeks.
From Jarres Crues