Dulce de leche Recipe
Number of servingsseveral
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan (preferably stainless steel, not copper), add the sugar and the vanilla beans split in half lengthwise (you can also use liquid vanilla).
- Put this jam recipe on the stove and stir frequently.
- From the first simmers, allow 2h30 hours of cooking time, stirring often (especially after one hour). The jam will start to thicken and take on a nutty color.
- This jam is ready when it starts to have a slightly stringy consistency. It will thicken further as it cools.
- Remove the vanilla pods and proceed without delay to put in jars. Close and pasteurize at 90° for 45 minutes. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
N.B. : Don't be surprised, this original jam will have reduced by half.