Creamy heliantis soup with fresh truffle Recipe
Number of servings6 servings
- Peel the shallot. Thinly slice.
- Peel the vegetables. Cut into 1cm-thick pieces.
- Melt the salted butter in a stew-pot. Add the shallot to the melted butter. Sauté for 2 minutes on low heat. Add the vegetables. Cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Cover the vegetables with water (about 65 cl) then cover and cook in stew-pot for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Use a hand-blender to blend the soup. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Fill your Wiss 1500 terrine to the line (approx. 2 cm from the edge). Close and immediately proceed with heat treatment for 1 hour at 100°C.
- Before serving, warm up the soup in a saucepan over low heat. Add the raw cream. Stir. Ladle into the soup plates then, using a mandolin, slice the fresh truffle into thin shavings and arrange on the plates.
Tip: If you cannot find fresh truffle, buy those sold in glass jars, making sure that no added synthetic flavour has been used.
Recipes by Jill Cousin for Le Parfait – Photographies by Anne-Claire Héraud