Number of servingsSeveral
- First, let’s read the how to guide to learn everything about fermentation!
- Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage and peel the carrots.
- Finely slice the cabbage and onions and grate the carrots and celeriac.
- Chop the spring onion into small pieces.
- Mix everything, including the spring onion, in a large bowl with 1% of its weight in salt.
- Knead and mix the vegetables, squeezing them with your hands to release the juice.
- Leave to stand for 15-30 mins.
- Knead again until your hands are wet.
- Fill the mason jar, pressing the mixture down firmly to get rid of any air pockets.
- Close the lid with the rubber seal in place.
- Leave to ferment for one week at room temperature, then ideally store at cellar temperature. Consume after 2 weeks.
From Marie-Claire Frédéric