Chocolate - sesame spread Recipe
Heat treatment time
Number of servingsSeveral
1 Le Parfait Super 250
- Weigh the sesame and lay a sheet of baking parchment flat on your work surface.
- Heat the water and caster sugar in a frying pan. When the mixture begins to bubble, add the sesame seeds and stir. Cook until the seeds caramelise, which will take 5-10 minutes. Stir from time to time until the colour is darker and the texture more crunchy.
- Pour the seeds onto the baking parchment and leave to cool. The seeds will stick together. Put the cooled seeds in the mixer to obtain a powder.
- Add the icing sugar, powdered milk and fleur de sel. Mix together, adding the oil. The mixture should be doughy. Add the oil if the mixture is still too dry.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (25 seconds, several times in succession) or in a bain-marie, then add the chocolate to the mixer. Mix until you have an even dough and a texture that suits you.
- Without heat treatment, this spread will keep for 2-3 months in the cupboard.
- For a longer storage time, you can carry out heat treatment for 1.5 hours at 100°C.
Recipe by Appetia for Le Parfait.