Chili con carne Recipe
1h + 12h
1h + 12h
Heat treatment time
Number of servingsseveral
- Rinse the kidney beans in cold water and cover them with 3 times their volume in water. Leave to soak for 12 hours.
- Drain the beans and put them into a pan. Cover them with water and bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the beans. Remember to regularly fill up the water. The beans should always be covered. The beans should not be fully cooked at this stage.
- Meanwhile, slice the carrots, chop the onions and garlic, slice the pepper.
- In a frying pan, fry the carrots in a little oil until they start to go brown. Add the onions, garlic, pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a second frying pan, brown the mince beef then add the vegetables, tomato puree and drained kidney beans. Season with salt and pepper, add the cumin, and the chili powder and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes. Tip: The chili should look “too liquidy” at this stage, like a thick soup. That’s normal Add some tomato puree if it looks too thick.
- Meanwhile, wash the jars thoroughly with very hot water and then leave them to dry in the open air and boil the seals.
- Fill the Le Parfait Super terrines up to 2 cm from the edge. Close and immediately proceed with heat treatment for 2 1/2 hours at 100°C.